Most Delicious Waffles EVER
Protein Packed Paleo Waffles
These are seriously the best paleo-esque waffles I have made yet, c0urtesy of PaleOmg. They are light and crispy and perfect. I had to tweak them a bit because I only had Strawberry More Muscle Progenex. I don’t know how all types of protein powder would work with this recipe but I know any of the Progenex More Muscle products would give the recipe the right consistency.
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 cup Progenex Vanilla, Strawberry or Chocolate Progenex
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Add tapioca flour and whisk until combined. Then add protein powder and whisk again to combine. Lastly, add baking soda, cinnamon and a pitch of salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron (greased, if needed) and cook until crispy. Be patient. Mine took less than 5 minutes per waffles. Repeat with the rest of the batter. My batter made 6 round waffles.
- Garnish with coconut whipped cream and maple syrup.