How and when did you start doing CrossFit?
● Out at a dinner with the Niven’s (Brian & Leigh) and the Marker’s (Ken & Kate), we decided to give this CrossFit thing a try. In June 2013, when our middle daughter was 5 months old, we joined CFB.
● Chad was exhausted from the emergency room trips of stitches and rolled ankles, and in search of a different, fun, and competitive environment he found CrossFit (Betsy was also tired of taking him to the hospital).
● Instead of the “getting in shape before we start CrossFit” mentality, which is something we have all heard often, we decided to go to the gym the next day.
● During our first year at CrossFit, we would both go to the 5am class together. Now you can find Betsy in bed at that time (she’s an 8:30am girl), but the hurricane is still regularly at the 5am class!
Tell us a little bit about yourself. Family? Job? Hobbies?
● Being Barrington High School graduates just one year apart, we love supporting our local community anyway we can! CFB quickly became our place where we found EVERY welcoming and FRIENDLY person around Barrington and the neighboring suburbs!
● Chad is a financial advisor with a local practice based in Barrington. Betsy is a stay at home mom who was a former teacher for 13 years (11 years at Station Campus in Barrington).
● We have 3 daughters: Harley (age 8), Colby (age 6), and Jadyn (age 4…thinks she is 14). They LOVE coming to CrossFit with us and enjoy the CrossFit kids class!
● We have been married for 13 years this July 29th. We love playing golf and tennis together (besides the obvious CrossFit sessions).
Favorite WOD and Favorite Movement?
● Chad: 31 Heroes and Grace… Jerk…anytype (push, dumbbell & split)
● Betsy: Any and every PARTNER WOD… Bench Press
Least favorite WOD and least favorite movement?
● Our least favorite WOD is La Vida Loca
● Betsy: Overhead Squat Snatch…surprised, Craig?!
● Chad: Overhead Squat
Sidenote: 6 years into CrossFit, Chad is still clarifying movements with me!
Your Favorite junk food?
● Betsy: Junior Mints
● Chad: Sour Patch Kids
If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three items would you want with you?
● Our 3 girls 🙂
Describe yourself in one word?
● Betsy (per Chad): Outgoing
Chad (per Betsy): Diligent
If you could create a WOD, what would it look like?
● Chad: Magic Marker WOD
● Betsy: Any partner WOD with lunch and a beverage after!